Kodi has made its way all through and finally, it is on Xbox One. The well-known application Kodi was quite different initially. Kodi was first known as XBMC (Xbox Media Centre). It is an open-source media player software, developed by the Microsoft XBMC Foundation. However, due to the rapid change in the technology has taken Kodi to a different level. The device developed its features beyond Xbox and expanded its compatibility with different platforms and devices. The platform it supports includes Linux, Microsoft Windows, Android, BSD, Raspbian. MacOS, iOS. Using Kodi on Xbox One was quite a walk around, as it requires installation and HDMI passthrough on a console. It is not necessary anymore.
Recently, On their official website, they made an announcement that Kodi is officially available in Xbox one. The credit goes to the developers who made an effort to rebuild the app in UWP for windows 10 based devices. After the last alpha version, they have recently launched the Kodi 18, Leia beta version. This version is more about the stability and security improvements. Before going to the kodi builds we will first see how to get kodi on Xbox One.
How to install Kodi on Xbox One
The primary core of Xbox is all about gaming. Xbox took a long time to overcome from its main theme and it had now become compatible with other applications. Besides gaming, we can use Xbox for stream Online content too. Now lets see how to get Kodi on Xbox One.
- Trun ON your Xbox one.
- Make sure you are connected with internet.
- Log in to your account and open the Microsoft store.
- Now search for Kodi in the menu.
- Select install and application will be downloaded.
- Once it is downloaded and installed, you can use the media player.
It is to be noted that every Kodi update comes with bug fixing and upgraded version. So make sure your are using the recent updated version of Kodi. You can find the updates in the store itself. Be familiar with the regular updates to have the best experience.
Kodi Builds on Xbox One
Kodi builds are one-click options, which provides numerous addons with a huge content. A list of best kodi builds can be found at kodibuild.net. This reduces the time for searching a particular addon and its installation. Using a build is an easy, quick and efficient manner to stream and download content in kodi. Mostly these builds are installed with a zip file. Let us see how to install Kodi build on Xbox. Some of the kodi builds are CellarDoor TV, Kryptikz ZT, Fire TV Guru Build, Titanium Build, No Limits Magic Build, BK Links Build, DUREX Builds and much more.
Here we use Titanium kodi builds to explain the installation process. Titanium, One of the best kodi build. It brings you with many best kodi addon you would ever like. Titanium Kodi build can be found in Supreme Builds Repository.
- Launch kodi on your Xbox One.
- Select Setting icon>> File manager.
- Now select Add source file on the left.
- Add source file tab will pop-up. Enter this Url: http://repo.supremebuilds.com/ and select Ok.
- Enter a name for the source file as supreme and select OK.
- Go back to the home page>> Select Addons>> Click on the package installer icon.
- Select Install from Zip File >> Select supreme>> repository.supremebuilds-x.x.x.zip .
- Wait for the notification that appears after the repository get downloaded.
- Click Install form Repository >> search and Select Supreme Builds Repository.
- Open Program Add-ons>> Select Supreme Builds Wizard>> Select Install.
- Open Supreme Builds Wizard>> Choose the Version of kodi builds>> Select the Titanium Build.
Now you will get an idea about how to install kodi build on Xbox One. Hope this article will be useful. If you have any issues regarding the installation process or any feedback for betterment, kindly comment below.