AirDroid can be used for accessing an Android device remotely without any cables. It allows you to wirelessly transfer files, update contacts, manage ring-tones and much more. To get more benefits, there is version 2 of AirDroid now available which is really better as compared to the previous one because that was only limited to the Wi-Fi networks but this version works both on Wi-Fi and Internet networks.
Also check: How to install whatsapp on pc
Also, there are some additional features such as remote camera management and a phone detector. Now, you can get the services which is available in this software. You need to follow some basic step mentioned below to download and install the beta version of AirDroid 2.
How to Install and Setup AirDroid 2 beta for Android?
1. Since this software is not available in Google Store, so you need to download it from an external source and for that you have to permit the installation of applications from anonymous sources. Now, you have to select the “settings” and then select “security” and then select the box of “unknown sources”. After you are done with the installation part, you can always return and reselect it.
2. Now, you can go to http://airdroid.com/invite/airdroid_v2.apk after starting and launching the web browser on the android device, after which the APK file will get downloaded to the android device. In case, you are getting any sort of warning or massage while downloading the file then please remember to permit the downloading of the file.
3. Now, you have to go to the downloads section in the device and tap the file android_v2.apk that will install AirDroid 2 or you have to install it by choosing it from the notification tab.
4. Now, you have to start the software AirDroid 2 beta and then select the “Register” or “Sign in” button. In case, you did not notice the screen and ran past it, then you can always tap on the user icon which is present in the right hand side on the upper corner to bring back the sign in or registration screen.
5. You can easily register or sign up by any of your Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts. Now you have to enter your email address and password to get started.
6. Now, you can start AirDroid 2 and then enter the address from your app to the computer system’s web browser. From here onwards, whenever you launch AirDroid, you will be rendered the address by default. So that, you have to make use of your registration information to get logged into http://v2.airdroid.com. In case, you are connected on a wireless network then you can use local IP address instead of that. But, in that scenario you will be put in the lite mode.
AirDroid is really an useful application that will prove to be fruitful and in handy in various situations. However, always notice that the app is still working in its beta version so it may show some bizarre behavior, but still it is great to use. If you have any queries, kindly do let us know via the below comments box.